Olumide revealed that he got a debit alert on his mobile phone, showing that the entire money in his account, N18,200 was used to purchase airtime. The down point of this is that, he wasn’t responsible for the transaction and the bank is attributing it to USSD codes, saying someone had access to his phone.
Sharing proof of the transaction on Instagram, he wrote:
BE WARNED!!! A fraudulent transaction happened on my gtbank account yesterday just after I left Grandsquare supermarket to buy hot bread. I got an alert for my transaction at the supermarket but not this one, my account was cleared to the last dime as airtime credit ” how on earth will I do airtime recharge of 18,200 naira and be left with 100 naira?! So I went to gtbank this morning to make a complain and I was told that either myself or someone must have used my phone to send credit of 18,200 via the *737* I explained that it never happened and my token was home, I was told that it doesn’t require a token my eyes popped!!!!!! I was told to go to 9mobile office and get the identity of the number that was credited “number that I’ve called a gazillion time?!
Please BE WARNED!!! If you use a Gtbank card or mobile app. As for me I’m done with the bank and their services regardless how small you think the balance is “e fit be you next time”
How will someone know the balance on that account and wipe it out clean thank God it’s not my salary account, to top it up, the reception I got from the bank was out of this world!!! pls share wth your family and friends!!! @gtbank